Friends of Mutton Cove







Mutton Cove Conservation Reserve is located in the industrial/residential suburb of Osborne, about 19 km north west of the Adelaide CBD.

It is located on the Lefevre Peninsula, which was named by Governor John Hindmarsh in 1837, after Sir John George Shaw-Lefevre, who was one of South Australia’s Colonisation Commissioners.

We aim to preserve the diverse vegetation of Mutton Cove and to protect the habitat of native birds, reptiles and migratory birds.


Picture Gallery

  • Pelicans
  • Shipwreck
  • Vegetation
  • Migratory birds