Our volunteers are invaluable! They help to conserve the park’s beautiful natural surrounds and to care for our animals. Volunteers are often the public face of Cleland – presenting South Australia’s native wildlife to local, interstate and international visitors.
Through volunteering at Cleland you can learn new skills, meet new friends and make a difference to the whole community.
Regular volunteers help park staff with all kinds of activities including animal management, grounds maintenance, bagging of animal food pellets, bush-care, plantation maintenance and visitor engagement.
What you need to know:
• There is no handling of animals in our volunteer program. You will, however, get to work closely with staff and develop new skills in a beautiful environment.
• Volunteers must be 18 years or over. The Cleland Blitz, our annual community volunteer day, is a great opportunity for those under 18 to come along and contribute.
• Volunteers work on a roster system. You need to be able to commit to a set day on an ongoing basis, for a minimum of two days per month.
• Volunteers pay a $10.00 annual membership fee and a $40.00 refundable uniform deposit.
• You will receive any training you need to carry out your volunteering duties safely and competently.